The National Unity Government (NUG)
- Photos have been issued showing members of the People’s Defence Force Mandalay have been practicing military exercises.
- In the statement to the Foreign Ministry of China on the occasion of the Chinese New Year, the NUG Union Minister of Foreign Affairs thanked China for not standing up for the military junta in the United Nations Security Council.
- At 10:00 am on Saturday, there was a meeting between the NUG Ministry of Judiciary Affairs and township legal personnel.
- The NUG Ministry of Home Affairs announced that it had arrested one of the people who killed U Kyaw Hlaing, the owner of the house where the local NLD office had been opened, and his family.
- To raise funds for the revolution, the NUG has sold condo apartments named ‘Brave Spring’. According to the End of Dictatorship, 96% of the apartments were sold within 12 hours.
- In the Inle Area of Southern Shan State, there was a battle between the Pa’O National Organisation (PNO) and the junta army against PDFs on 3 January. According to Mobye PDF on Sunday, a PDF member lost their life.
- In South Okkalapa Township in Yangon Region, there was a grenade attack on the ward administration office at 1:00 pm on Saturday. Reportedly, two members of the Urban Guerrilla, who had conducted the attack, were arrested by the staff of a nearby restaurant called Ngwe Taung.
- In Lammadaw Township, the YGR placed a banner against the junta’s illegitimate election on an overpass near Mawtin on Sunday.
- In Malaysia, there was a protest against the junta’s fake election on Sunday. Reportedly, there was also a football match and a music concert to raise funds for the revolution.
- In Kani Township in Sagaing Region, Kyauklonegyi PDF (KLG PDF) donated rice and vegetables to the IDPs.
- In Khin-U Township, a combined rally of the local public administration, local defence forces and local people marched against the junta’s superficial election on Sunday.
- On Sunday, a combined rally of local villages from Salingyi and Yinmabin conducted a march, raising a banner that said ‘Fight the illegitimate election with public unity’.
- In Yinmabin North, a combined rally of local people marched for the downfall of the military dictatorship on Sunday.
- In Ayadaw Township, there was a bomb attack using a drone on a junta army gate.
- In Magwe Region, junta soldiers and Pyu Saw Htee members have been destroying rural streets which lead to Yesagyo. According to local residents, they find it difficult to carry out their daily activities such as trade, health and social matters.
- In Hsinbaungwe Township, Myint Zaw, the administrator of Tangar Village, and Htein Linn, allegedly a junta informer, were shot dead by PDFs. Besides, there were also mine attacks on the powerline supplying electricity to a junta weapons factory and a troop of junta soldiers.
- In South Korea, Daegu Sayardaw led a protest against the Myanmar military dictatorship on the New Year’s holiday.
- On behalf of a Myanmar citizen working in Japan, the Rural Land donated food to an IDP camp in Kayar State.
- In Pulaw Township in Tanintharyi Region, the junta army has been putting pressure on local residents from Shatpone Village, which was burnt down by junta soldiers, to return home. Reportedly, they also threatened to set fire to the village again if people fail to come back.
Ethnic Armed Organisations
- In Matupi Township in Chin State, there were battles between the junta armed forces and CDFs at five places on Saturday. Reportedly, nine junta soldiers died and no less than five others were injured.
- In Indaw Township in Sagaing Region, there was fighting between the junta armed forces and a combined force of the KIA + PDFs. Reportedly, junta soldiers shot dead three local people, whom they had arrested and brought along as human shields.
The Military Council
- In Hopan in Shan north (in the Wa self-administered region), CDM staff have had to flee after receiving news that the junta is looking for them to arrest them. In a meeting with army families in Thandwe, the junta leader Min Aung Hlaing said that soldiers and military officers were serving the interests of the country and they have to be like the sun and the fire to the enemy and have to be like the moon and the water with the public.
- On Saturday, the junta leader Min Aung Hlaing attended the Chinese New Year’s Festival held at Thuwanna Stadium.
- The junta leader said that the national economy has made progress to some extent and it will be a mid-level ASEAN region economy.
- The junta propaganda media has been calling for information about revolutionary forces on a daily basis.
Summary on 23 January
- Throughout the country, the junta army led by Min Aung Hlaing has been burning villages and killing people. However, the junta leader told the junta armed forces in Thandwe to treat the public as the moon and the water. He is pretending to be a good man by telling such a bare-faced lie
- Within hours, the NUG sold 96% of the land and apartments it was offering for sale. Judging from that, it can be clearly seen that the general public is determined to uproot the military dictatorship.