The National Unity Government (NUG)
- On 19 May, Committee Representing Mandalay Regional Hluttaw announced that they would join hands with various organizations, including the NUG, for interim education.
- At the meeting of the United Nations on 19 May, U Kyaw Moe Tun, Myanmar’s Permanent Representative to the UN, said that there would be no peace or stability at all as long as the
- military junta continued to hold power.
- At the NUG Representative Office in South Korea, there were meetings between the representative team and Dr. Cynthia Maung.
- In Seoul of South Korea, a rally of Myanmar people protested in front of the Chinese Embassy on Saturday against the words of the Chinese Foreign Minister about Myanmar and
- against the Chinese government supporting the military junta.
- In Monywa of Sagaing Region, local guerrilla forces destroyed beer cans as a warning to a shop selling the junta army beer Andaman in Nyaungbinzaut Ward on 15 May.
- In Kantbalu Township, there was a fighting between the junta army and local PDF near Tandaw Village on Friday. Reportedly, there were casualties among 30 junta soldiers.
- On Saturday morning, a combined rally of Latbadaung Taung General Strike and Salingyi-Yinmabin villages marched against the military dictatorship and they had an anti-junta talk
- to the public at a rural market.
- As a 437-day protest, a combined rally of Salingyi North and Yinmabin East marched against the military dictatorship on Saturday.
- In Shwebo Township, a rally of Shwe Kun Myay marched for the NUG and against the military dictatorship on Saturday.
- In Khin-U Township, the junta army raided Indailay Village on Friday afternoon and set fire to the village. Reportedly, about 70 houses were burnt down.
- In Kani Township, the junta army raided and set fire to Natgyi Village on Thursday. According to a local PDF, one of their members lost their life in a defensive attack against the junta
- In Yinmabin Township, a local PDF announced on Thursday that they would make inspections whether local business people pay taxes to the NUG and take necessary action.
- In Hpakant Township of Kachin State, a rally of students marched against the military dictatorship, holding anti-junta signs.
- In Mingala Taung Nyunt Township of Yangon Region, Special Task Agency pf Burma STA burnt 3 trains carrying rations for the junta armed forces in the upper country, including
- Sagaing Region, in the compound of Mahlwagone Railway Maintenance.
- In Thanlyin Township, local PDF attacked Thabyaykan Police Station on Friday night.
- In Taninthayi Township of Taninthayi Region, the junta army shot dead a child and a villager in Taku Village.
- According to Mandalay Medical Students’ Union, junta soldiers shot dead Ko Kyaw Nyi Zin, a medical student, in Mandalay on Friday.
- In Myingyan, PDF attacked the junta army stationed in a school. Reportedly, 2 junta soldiers died.
- In Nattalin of Bago Region, there were battles between the junta army and local PDF on 13 and 20 May. Reportedly, 12 junta soldiers died and 2 others were injured.
Ethnic Armed Organizations
- At the headquarters of SSPP-SSA, the 64 th Shan State Revolution Day was celebrated on Saturday.
- In Danu self-administered area, Danu People Defence Force-DPDF was established with a combination of Pindaya and Ywangan PDFs.
- In Hpakant Township and Tanai Township of Kachin State, there were battles between the Kachin Independent Army-KIA and the junta army conducting military operations in the area.
- On Thursday, the military junta lost many soldiers due to a mine attack by the KIA.
- The Ta’ang Interim Public Administration Team announced that the junta staff members from all townships in Ta’ang Area were to resign and join the CDM.
- In Sadone Township of Kachin State, the KIO Office announced that members of the junta people’s army and police force were to resign.
- In Hpakant Township of Kachin State, the KIA caught a captain and a soldier from the junta army shopping at Hwaykha Market at 8:00 am Friday.
The Military Council
- In some districts of Kachin State, the KIO warned junta staff members to leave the area as soon as possible. After that, the junta chief minister of Kachin State stated that the staff
- were to take great care concerning security and report in a timely manner in case of anything special.
- According to the Union Position Team, the junta Ministry of Health has been calling 986 doctors and 82 dentists for service.
- According to the military junta, U Min Htein, the junta deputy minister of Construction, was allowed to resign.
Summary on 21 May
- In addition to the instructions not to use the junta army products, the KIA and TNLA announced that the junta staff members in their areas were to resign and join the CDM. Soon after that, there were battles in Kachin State and some junta soldiers were arrested by the KIA.
- In Sagaing Region, an area with stiff resistance, the junta armed forces have been setting fire to villages and robbing public belongings on a daily basis. On the other hand, local guerrilla
- forces became powerful and they could even control the urban area like Monywa to prevent vendors from selling junta army products.
- Due to the violent activities of the military junta, the number of PDF members increased and so did new revolution forces and new territory. Even in Shan South with very few battles and
- revolution activities, there were local PDFs as the junta armed forces had killed civilians recently. Due to a combination of those PDFs, a new ethnic armed organization named Danu
- People Defence Force emerged.
Credit – Mizzima News