The Military Council
- U Mg Mg Ohn, the junta Minister of Information, said that they would help artists with their daily basic needs as much as possible.
- According to the junta media, some PDFs were arrested at Layaitcho guest-house in Dagon Seikkam Township. Through their investigation, 16 other affiliates were arrested. Those who were shown on Monday were the ones who had already been mentioned previously when they had been arrested in groups.
- The junta newspaper mentioned daily that an unlimited amount of financial reward would be secretly given upon information about PDFs.
- The junta Ministry of Information announced that gazetted orders and instructions were extended up to the end of September.
- The junta Mandalay regional administration council sent letters to the business people of fuel stations on the basis of Shwe Kyet Yet jetty to donate fuel (diesel).
The National Unity Government (NUG)
- The NUG continued to issue Part (2) of the preparation plan for the public during conflicts, containing precautions for civilians in the areas at risk of gunfire.
- The NUG announced that they blacklisted and dismissed some staff members of the Ministry of Planning, Finance and Investment, who continued to work for the military junta and conducted various oppressions to the CDM staff.
- Ministry of Defense- NUG announced that PDF and alliances would take serious action against terrorists under the military junta.
- Dr. Win Myat Aye, Union Minister of Humanity and Disaster Risks Management- NUG, said that nation destroyers pretended to be nation builders and they wanted to rule the country by force.
- In Dawei of Taninthayi Region, a district officer and deputy director of the Ministry of Border Affairs and another staff member were killed by an unknown armed group.
- In Matupi, a captain of the junta Ka-La-Ya (140) was reading out a propaganda telegram saying that Daw Aung San Su Kyi would be released and the election would be held again. At that time, a soldier shouted that he did not believe it. He then killed the captain and himself by gunfire.
- On Sunday, Ko Myo Min Thant or Ko Tha Nge- a resident of Kyaunggyisu Ward in Taunggyi; who had been arrested by the junta armed forces and who had been in detention at Nyaung Shwe Prison passed away.
- In Salingyi Township of Sagaing Region, local residents of Latbadaung Taung area made a night strike on Sunday, banging pots and pans to drive away from the military watchdog.
- In Tantsi Township, the junta armed forces raided Kabaunggya village and Laitchan village. Due to their violence, no less than 9 villagers lost their lives and about 5000 residents had to run away.
- Holding posters- “ASEAN Stand For Democracy, Not For Dictator”, a rally comprising various villages from Salingyi North and Yinmabin East expressed their desire against the military dictatorship.
- On Monday, Kalay townspeople marched for driving away from the military watchdog.
- On Monday evening, a rally of Mandalay Monks’ Union expressed their desire for the end of the military dictatorship.
- On Monday, Mandalay Monks’ Union conducted an anti-junta movement, reciting Parittas.
- On Monday, a rally of multi-religions marched for the downfall of the military dictatorship.
- On Monday afternoon, a rally of multi-ethnic people in Mandalay expressed their desire for the downfall of the military dictatorship, with words of encouragement for ethnic people who have been suffering oppression for ages.
- On Monday evening, Mandalay Monks’ Union protested against the military dictatorship.
- After the bomb explosion at USDP office in Maha Aungmye Township, Pyusawti members conducted an attack with a bomb explosion at NLD office.
- In Maha Aungmye Township, the junta armed forces came to Thanlyet Hmaw Western Ward to arrest U Kyaw Oo, NLD chair. As they did not find him, they took away gold, money and other valuable things from the house; worth over 150 lakhs in total.
- After the spread of a photo containing Man Jonny, former Ayeyarwaddy Regional Chief Minister, in commando uniform holding a gun, junta police and soldiers raided his house in Aung San Ward of Kyone Pyaw. They then confiscated a car and 3 mobile phones.
- According to Yangon residents, there were bomb explosions in North Dagon, East Dagon, North Okkalapa, South Okkalapa, Insein, Yankin and Hledan on Sunday night and Monday morning.
- On Monday, Yangon youth marched against the military junta and ASEAN that had been giving favour to the dictator and turning a blind eye to the public.
- In Sanchaung Township, the junta armed forces arrested Ko Zan Ye aged 17, a volunteer of COVID-19 prevention activities, accusing him of conducting an explosion, on Saturday. His family members were worried about him.
- At about 9:45 am Monday, there was an explosion near Hmawbi electricity office. Reportedly, a child lost an arm in the incident.
- On Monday, Mawlamyein youth expressed their desire against the military dictatorship, saying that it was the junta leader Min Aung Hlaing who destroyed the nation.
Ethnic Armed Organizations
- In Pha-Pun of Kayin State, KNLA shot into the camp of the junta army at Yunsalin bridge at about 7:40 pm Saturday. Reportedly, junta soldiers opened fire in response.
- In Takaungboe village group of Pa-An Township, there was fighting the previous day between KNLA Regiment (1) and the junta army. According to KNU, 3 junta soldiers died and 2 others were injured.
- In Pha-Pun Township, there was a battle between a combined force of the junta army+BGF and KNLA near Than Lwin river bank in the lower part of Thumweta, starting from 12:30 pm Monday. According to a frontline of KNLA, the military junta lost two soldiers.
Summary on 31st August
- The military junta arrested some people and mentioned those people now and then in their newspaper. They also made persuasion for information about PDFs. Despite such propaganda, there were constant explosions in Yangon. Moreover, public protests came out again after being silent for days.
- Despite arrests and killings in Mandalay, various rallies expressed their objection to the military dictatorship every day. In Sagaing, public protests had great momentum and so did guerrilla revolution with clearance activities of junta-pillars. On the other hand, the junta armed forces conducted oppression in those areas. Consequently, thousands of local residents had to run away.
- Regarding battles, no news was heard from other areas. However, there were clashes between KNU and the junta army in Kayin State.
- The military council and the NUG had been competing for administration in the country and legitimacy in the international community. According to them, international diplomatic confrontation might become more severe in the upcoming days.